|Title:||Which businesses will be assessed?|
|Date of publishing:||September 20, 2011|
|Also available in the following languages:||Dutch, French|
Which businesses will be assessed?
Forum ETHIBEL is constantly looking out for companies which may be eligible for ethical investments and, thus, to be included in the Investment Register. Companies are considered for the assessment when they contribute to a balanced and varied composition of the register, which allows fund administrators to put together a financially and technically sound portfolio.
The basis of our assessment is actually the Vigeo assessment universe, based on STOXX® Global 1800, complemented with ‘medium-sized’, ‘small’ or ‘micro’ shares and sometimes with unlisted equity.
Besides, due to the Ethibel EXCELLENCE label we have the contractual obligation to include 25% of the market capitalisation in DJ STOXX Europe 600 in the Investment Register (excluding the ‘Aerospace & Defence’ and ‘Tobacco’ industries).
- The outline of the assessment process
- Collecting information for the assessment
- Origin and basis of the assessment method
- International standards and conventions which support the Ethibel assessment method
- Evaluated domains and evaluation criteria
- The positive selection criteria
- Evaluation per industry
- 3 aspects of the assessment
- How are companies quoted and classified?
- Negative or exclusion criteria
- Which activities or practices are controversial?
- How are ratings assigned?
- The advantages of Forum ETHIBEL rating for companies
- Also government bonds
08-05 | Belsif conference on Sustainable Investments
Tuesday, June 4th 2013
26-03 | New B
A new Belgian cooperative bank?
05-03 | Sustainable savings and investments in Belgium in 2011.
Publication of the new MIRA report.
01-03 | Solidariteitssparen and Wereldsparen of VDK Spaarbank
The new certificates for 2012
31-01 | A renewed certificate for Cricket Savings
The results of the 2012 certification round