|Title:||Also government bonds|
|Date of publishing:||September 20, 2011|
|Also available in the following languages:||Dutch, French|
Also government bonds
Forum ETHIBEL does not only analyse companies.We also assess government bonds to see whether these are eligible for the Investment Register.This assessment is also – just like is the case for the assessment method for companies – based on international standards and conventions.
More specifically, we use the Vigeo analysis model 'Sustainable Country Rating' which collects and calibrates scores of more than 160 governments.This assessment is based on more than 120 performance and risk indicators, classified in three groups:
- Protection of the environment
- State of Law and Governance (INS)
- Measures related to social security and solidarity.
In addition to the analysis model Forum ETHIBEL adds a post selection based on the performance with regard to human rights.The following criteria are assessed:
- Presence in the list of ‘Free Countries’
- Involvement in wars or serious crises
- Involvement in serious violations of human rights, including illegal executions, death sentences, torture and inhuman treatment, unfair legal proceedings.
- Violation of labour rights.
- Which businesses will be assessed?
- The outline of the assessment process
- Collecting information for the assessment
- Origin and basis of the assessment method
- International standards and conventions which support the Ethibel assessment method
- Evaluated domains and evaluation criteria
- The positive selection criteria
- Evaluation per industry
- 3 aspects of the assessment
- How are companies quoted and classified?
- Exclusion criteria
- How are ratings assigned?
- The advantages of Forum ETHIBEL rating for companies
24-02 | Interview with Herwig Peeters, general director of Forum ETHIBEL, in Test-Aankoop invest
Dossier: Sustainable investment funds in Belgium
23-01 | The complexity of green investments
Sustainability focus by Vigeo
15-01 | Carbon balancing solutions of CO2logic
New Forum ETHIBEL certificate
14-01 | Funds for Good: investments with a social impact
Certification by Forum ETHIBEL
19-12 | Sector Insight: CSR in the European beverage sector
Updated Ethibel rating