|Title:||Also government bonds|
|Date of publishing:||September 20, 2011|
|Also available in the following languages:||Dutch, French|
Also government bonds
Forum ETHIBEL does not only analyse companies.We also assess government bonds to see whether these are eligible for the Investment Register.This assessment is also – just like is the case for the assessment method for companies – based on international standards and conventions.
More specifically, we use the Vigeo analysis model 'Sustainable Country Rating' which collects and calibrates scores of more than 160 governments.This assessment is based on more than 120 performance and risk indicators, classified in three groups:
- Protection of the environment
- State of Law and Governance (INS)
- Measures related to social security and solidarity.
In addition to the analysis model Forum ETHIBEL adds a post selection based on the performance with regard to human rights.The following criteria are assessed:
- Presence in the list of ‘Free Countries’
- Involvement in wars or serious crises
- Involvement in serious violations of human rights, including illegal executions, death sentences, torture and inhuman treatment, unfair legal proceedings.
- Violation of labour rights.
- Which businesses will be assessed?
- The outline of the assessment process
- Collecting information for the assessment
- Origin and basis of the assessment method
- International standards and conventions which support the Ethibel assessment method
- Evaluated domains and evaluation criteria
- The positive selection criteria
- Evaluation per industry
- 3 aspects of the assessment
- How are companies quoted and classified?
- Exclusion criteria
- How are ratings assigned?
- The advantages of Forum ETHIBEL rating for companies
03-07 | The Annual Report 2014 is out now
Read the full report online
02-07 | The BGL BNP Paribas Autocallable SRI Note 2020
A new structured product certified by Forum ETHIBEL
01-07 | The cost of CSR misconduct
Research by Vigeo
30-06 | Forum ETHIBEL at the Global Ethics Forum in Genève
Responsible leadership and responsible investing
24-06 | New World Bank Green Growth Bond linked to Ethical Europe Equity Index
First equity-linked World Bank green bond for retail investors in the US