|Title:||Also government bonds|
|Date of publishing:||September 20, 2011|
|Also available in the following languages:||Dutch, French|
Also government bonds
Forum ETHIBEL does not only analyse companies.We also assess government bonds to see whether these are eligible for the Investment Register.This assessment is also – just like is the case for the assessment method for companies – based on international standards and conventions.
More specifically, we use the Vigeo analysis model 'Sustainable Country Rating' which collects and calibrates scores of more than 160 governments.This assessment is based on more than 120 performance and risk indicators, classified in three groups:
- Protection of the environment
- State of Law and Governance (INS)
- Measures related to social security and solidarity.
In addition to the analysis model Forum ETHIBEL adds a post selection based on the performance with regard to human rights.The following criteria are assessed:
- Presence in the list of ‘Free Countries’
- Involvement in wars or serious crises
- Involvement in serious violations of human rights, including illegal executions, death sentences, torture and inhuman treatment, unfair legal proceedings.
- Violation of labour rights.
- Which businesses will be assessed?
- The outline of the assessment process
- Collecting information for the assessment
- Origin and basis of the assessment method
- International standards and conventions which support the Ethibel assessment method
- Evaluated domains and evaluation criteria
- The positive selection criteria
- Evaluation per industry
- 3 aspects of the assessment
- How are companies quoted and classified?
- Negative or exclusion criteria
- Which activities or practices are disputable?
- How are ratings assigned?
- The advantages of Forum ETHIBEL rating for companies
19-11 | Green, social and ethical retailfunds in Europe 2014: once again a year of growth
Vigeo, in collaboration with Morningstar has launched its annual report "Green, Social and Ethical Funds in Europe".
17-11 | World Bank sells green bond to Belgian investors
The World Bank is offering a green bond to Belgian investors from the 17th of November 2014.
13-11 | New fund with Ethibel Excellence Label with Argenta
Argenta has recently launched a new fund with the Ethibel Excellence Label
13-11 | EVI Savings and Loyalties Account registered as ethical savings products
End of 2013, Van Lanschot Bankiers launched its online savings offer Evi for a wide audience. The sustainable nature of the Evi savings products has recently been confirmed by the Banking Federation Febelfin. They registered the Evi Savings and Loyalties Account as ethical savings products.
23-10 | European SRI Study 2014
A study by Eurosif